Chicken and Stuffing Bake
Chicken and Stuffing Bake has the taste of Thanksgiving but is perfect for a weeknight dinner. It is fast and easy to assemble and bakes hands-off in the oven. I like this casserole because it doesn’t have any condensed soup. You can easily making it dairy free by substituting olive oil for the butter.
I like to make this in an 8 x 8 pyrex or ceramic baking dish.
People have strong preferences when it comes to stuffing. I like mine a little bit crunchy on top. If you like it crunchy, bake for a full hour. If you like it soft and moist, bake it 45 minutes. For softer stuffing, cover the dish with foil as it bakes. This will trap in the moisture.
A note about the celery- I like to use the inside stalks and leaves of the celery in the stuffing.
Chicken and Stuffing Bake
This simple casserole or hot dish is easy to assemble. It has the taste of Thanksgiving but is simple enough for a weeknight dinner.
- 1 1/2 Pounds Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3/4 teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Coarse Sea Salt
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Chopped Celery
- 1 Cup Chopped Onion
- 4 Tablespoons Melted Butter or Olive Oil
- 1 12 Ounce Bag Stuffing Mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In an 8 x 8 baking dish, mix cubed chicken, poultry seasoning, and salt.
- In a microwave safe bowl or large measuring cup, mix broth, celery, onions, and butter. Microwave on high heat for 2-3 minutes to heat up the broth and soften the celery and onions.
- Add the stuffing mix to a large bowl. Pour broth mixture over stuffing and stir until the broth is absorbed.
- Top the chicken with the stuffing mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour. (See Notes.)
- Remove from oven and serve.
To make this dairy free, substitute olive oil for the butter.
I like to use the inner stalks of the celery and include the celery leaves.
If you like your stuffing crunchy, bake uncovered for the full hour.
If you like your stuffing moist and soft, bake for 45 minutes. You can also cover it with foil before baking to keep the stuffing extra moist.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 412Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 118mgSodium: 1277mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 38g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and may not be completely accurate.
Love this recipe! I add frozen brocolli and it makes it even better!
Question? May I prep ahead in the morning and then refrigerate and bake later for dinner?
Yes! You can easily prep in the morning and bake later.