Cinnamon and Sugar Crispy Chickpeas
I love roasted chickpeas. They are a simple and satisfying snack. I have made BBQ and Ranch roasted chickpeas which are both savory and delicious. Today we are making a sweet version. Cinnamon and Sugar Crispy Chickpeas are perfect when you want a little something sweet and crunchy.
They are crispy, sweet, and laced with warm cinnamon.
- 1 15.5 ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed.
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of table salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a towel to dry the drained and rinsed chickpeas. Put the dried chickpeas to a bowl. Add 2 Tablespoons avocado oil to the chickpeas and mix to coat.
- Place the chickpeas on a baking sheet and bake for 25-35 minutes until browned and crispy. I like to shake the pan halfway through cooking to help them brown evenly.
- While the chickpeas are in the oven, mix cinnamon, sugar, and pinch of salt in a medium bowl.
- When chickpeas are golden brown and crispy, remove from oven and add to the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Mix to coat well and serve.
- Leftover chickpeas can be stored in an air-tight container for up to one week.
You can substitute vegetable oil for the avocado oil, but I do not recommend substituting olive oil.
You only want a tiny pinch of salt.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 525mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 9gSugar: 8gProtein: 10g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and may not be completely accurate.