Classic No Bake Cookies
Growing up my mother never made no bake cookies. But anytime a friend’s mom would make them I was so excited. Classic no bake cookies are simple to make with pantry staples. The balance of cocoa and peanut butter is really important. I like a hefty dose of peanut butter and cocoa powder.
Classic No Bake Cookies
Classic No Bake Cookies are filled with chocolate, peanut butter and oats. They come together in minutes. This recipe uses a little extra cocoa powder and a little extra peanut butter.
- 1/4 Cup Salted Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 3/4 Cup Quick Cooking Oats
- Prepare your ingredients. This recipe goes very quickly and you do not want to be searching for ingredients once you start cooking. Get all the ingredients measured and ready to go.
- Set out a piece of parchment paper or wax paper to scoop the cookies onto when they are cooked.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa powder. Heat over high heat until the butter is melted and mixture begins to bubble around the edges.
- Once butter is melted and mixture begins to boil, cook for 60 seconds.
- Immediately remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and peanut butter and mix well to melt the peanut butter and combine.
- Add the quick oats and stir to coat the oats in the chocolate mixture.
- Immediately scoop into small rounds on parchment or wax paper.
- Let cool for 30 minutes and serve.
It is important to gather and measure your ingredients before cooking. This recipe goes quickly.
Also- You want to make sure the heat is off before your add the vanilla especially if using a gas stove because the fumes from the vanilla can light on fire.
I have used all kinds of peanut butter, Traditional, natural, smooth and chunky peanut butter all work great.
Quick oats are like traditional rolled oats, but the pieces are smaller. They absorb liquid faster and work better in this recipe. You can find them next to the rolled oats or oatmeal in the grocery store.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 196Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 68mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and may not be completely accurate.