Crispy Ranch Chickpeas
Roasted Chickpeas are a fun salty and crunchy snack. I like to use them as croutons on top of salads and soups. I have made BBQ chickpeas and today I have Ranch flavored chickpeas.
The recipe starts with a can of chickpeas and a packet of ranch dressing mix. You can find ranch dressing mix near the salad dressing in your grocery store.
- 1 15 oz Can Chickpeas, drained
- 1 Tablespoon Oil (I like Avocado Oil.)
- 1 Tablespoon Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and place them in a towel dry off the excess moisture.
- Mix the dried chickpeas with 1 Tablespoon of oil and place them on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes. I like to shake the pan every 10 minutes for even browning.
- Meanwhile, make the ranch mix.
- In a small bowl, combine the ranch dressing mix with the garlic powder, onion powder, and fine sea salt.
- When the chickpeas are roasted and golden brown, toss them in a medium bowl with the ranch mixture. Serve immediately, or let cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to one week.
I like to shake the pan every 10 minutes while the chickpeas are roasting. It helps with browning.
You can eat these as a snack, or use as a crunchy topping for soups and salads.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 804mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 9gSugar: 6gProtein: 11g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and may not be completely accurate.