Episode 106 Countdown to Christmas
Are you ready for Christmas? 2020 has been a doozy and many of us are ready for Christmas to come and bring a little joy. I am right there with you. I want to have a calm and joyful Christmas without any of the stress that often comes with the holidays.
- Start with your budget. The last thing you want is to have spending regrets in January. When life is stressful, we often look for ways to numb and it is easy to overspend. Set your budget and stick with it.
- Get a binder. Keep all your holiday planning in a binder. You can use the Feed Your Family Tonight Holiday Planning Guide to start your binder. Keep all your ideas and receipts in one place.
- Ask your family which holiday activities are most important. Put those things on your calendar. Schedule times for family fun and shopping too.
- If you are sending Christmas cards, get your list ready before you order. Find a place in your home to hold the Christmas cards you receive.
- Set up a Gift-Wrapping station. This can be a box of supplies or it can be a spare room in your home.
- Think about your decorations. Buy the new pieces you want to add this year.
- Consider your holiday donations. Choose your budget and the organizations to receive donations before the requests come in the mail.
- Listen to Episode 106 for information on gift giving.
Wishing you a calm and joyful holiday season. Check out the Holiday Planning Guide to help get all the ideas out of your head and onto paper.
Marie Fiebach is a married mother of four active kids. She helps busy families plan and execute weeknight dinner so they can recapture a little calm in the crazy. You can see her every week on KAKE TV’s Good Morning Kakeland or listen to the Feed Your Family Tonight Podcast.
For a transcript of this episode click here.