Episode 162 Freezing Cooked Proteins for Easy Meals
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
When life gets busy having a freezer stocked with cooked proteins can make cooking dinner much faster and easier.
It is nice to stock your freezer with a few basic proteins that you can use in lots of different recipes.
How to freeze proteins.
- Cool meats to room temperature before freezing.
- Freeze in meal-size portions for your family.
- Think about the shape of frozen zip bags. Freeze flat on a cookie sheet or inside a container like an instant pot liner so it is easier to thaw.
- Leave extra space at the top of the container if you are using glass.
Air is the enemy of frozen food.
- Try to get as much air out of zip bags as possible.
- Air causes ice crystals to form which degrades the food faster.
My favorite meats to freeze.
Cheeseburger Baked Potato (Cooked hamburger and onions)
Looking for full freezer meals not just meats?
- Check out Thriving Home.
- Use the code Marie20 to get 20% off.
This post contains affiliate links.
Marie Fiebach is a married mother of four active teens. She helps busy families plan and execute weeknight dinner so they can recapture a little calm in the crazy. Check out her YouTube Channel or listen to the Feed Your Family Tonight Podcast.
For a transcript click here.