Food Processor Bread Dough
- 3 1/2 Cups White Whole Wheat Flour (divided)
- 1 1/2 Cups Water (divided)
- 1/3 Cup Vital Wheat Gluten
- 1 Tablespoon Instant Yeast
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Cooking Spray
- In a glass measuring cup, add 1 Cup water and 1/2 Cup flour. Stir together well until most of the lumps are dissolved. Cook the flour and water mixture for 1 minute on high power in the microwave. Let cool slightly while you prepare the next step.
- In the bowl of a 14 cup food processor with a regular cutting blade (not a plastic dough blade) add the remaining 3 cups four, vital wheat gluten, yeast, sugar, egg, egg yolk, and vegetable oil. Process for 15 seconds to combine. Add the cooked flour and water mixture and process for another 15 seconds. Add the remaining 1/2 cup water and process until fully combined (about 15-20 seconds.)
- Let the dough rest in the food processor for 5 minutes. This allows the dough to hydrate.
- Add the salt and process for 60 seconds to knead the dough. If it is too sticky, add 1-2 more tablespoons of flour. If it is too dry, add 1-2 more tablespoons of water.
- Once you have processed it for 60 seconds, it should be a smooth and shiny dough ball. Spray a large bowl with cooking spray and place the dough in the bowl. Spray a piece of plastic wrap with cooking spray and place the plastic wrap loosely over the dough with the oiled side touching the dough. Let the dough rise for 30-45 minutes in a warm place.
- After the dough rises, punch down the dough and use in your favorite recipe like Garlic Bubble Bread, Sour Cream Caramel Rolls, or Cinnamon Monkey Bread.
This dough is simple to make and is great in a variety of recipes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 153Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 140mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and may not be completely accurate.