Fudgesicles (With Dairy Free Vegan Option)
I love a frozen treat in the summer. These fudgesicles are super simple to make . Milk, sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch and a little salt are cooked on the stove to make a pudding. The pudding is poured into popsicle molds and frozen. They are a delicious summer treat. I have tested this recipe with whole milk and unsweetened almond milk and both taste delicious.
- 2 1/2 Cups Milk (I have used whole milk and unsweetened almond milk. Use almond milk for dairy-free vegan pops.)
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, cocoa powder, sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Cook over medium heat until bubbling and the mixture starts to thicken. It is important to stir well as it cooks so that it thickens evenly.
- Take off heat and pour into popsicle molds.
- Freeze for 8 hours or until solid and remove from popsicle molds.
- Store fudgesicles in a gallon zip top bag in the freezer for up to one month.
It is important to mix the pudding well as you cook it so it does not thicken too much on the bottom of the pan.
If you do not have popsicle molds, you can make it in muffin tins with silicone liners. Fill the liners inside the muffin tin and put a piece of foil on top. Punch the popsicle sticks through the foil and then freeze.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post contains affiliate links.