Ham and Cheese Biscuits
This month I am doing a series on after school snacks. There are two main types of after school snacks in my home. Snacks in my home fall into one of two categories. Light snacks to get you to dinner and “mini meals” to fuel you through a practice or activity.
These Ham and Cheese Biscuits are in the “mini meal” category. Pair them with some baby carrots or other sliced veggies for a mini meal with protein, fat, and carbs to get them to dinnertime.
These biscuits are super fast to put together and only take less than 15 minutes to bake. They can be made ahead and frozen and are best served warm.
- 1 1/2 Cups White Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 1/2 teaspooons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup (4 ounces) Chopped Deli Ham
- 1 Cup (4 Ounces) Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder. and salt.
- Add diced ham and shredded cheese. Mix to combine.
- Add Cream and mix to form a stiff dough.
- Using a #24 Scoop or a large spoon, Scoop the mixture into 12 round biscuits.
- Place each biscuit on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes until biscuits are slightly browning.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately
- Unused biscuits can be frozen and reheated.
These hearty biscuits make a great after school snack or savory breakfast. The bits of ham sometimes get really brown on the outside of the biscuits.
These freeze well. You can reheat them wrapped in foil or parchment in the oven or wrapped in a paper towel in the microwave.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Fasmov 500 Count Parchment Paper Baking Liner Sheets Pan liner, 12×16 Inches Non-Stick Precut Baking Parchment, Suitable for Baking Grilling Air Fryer Steaming Bread Cup Cake Cookie and More
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
Cookie Scoop - #24 (1.35 oz) - Disher Scoop, Portion Scoop, Food Scoop - Portion Control - 18/8 Stainless Steel, Red Handle
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 194mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and may not be completely accurate.
Marie Fiebach is a married mother of four active kids. She helps busy families plan and execute weeknight dinner so they can recapture a little calm in the crazy. You can see her every week on KAKE TV’s Good Morning Kakeland or listen to the Feed Your Family Tonight Podcast.