Homemade Gift – Beer Bread Mix
I love giving food gifts. Beer Bread Mix can be a festive gift to share with friends and family. It is super simple to make. I like to put the mix in a one quart mason jar and wrap it in a cellophane bag with a bottle of beer. I have found American style lagers like Budweiser or Coors work best for beer bread. You can make it with seltzer water, but it will not have the yeasty flavor the beer provides. The alcohol cooks out as the bread bakes so I don’t mind serving this to the kids.
I have a free printable of the baking instructions here.
- 3 Cups Flour (I have used all-purpose flour and white whole wheat flour.)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 12 ounce Beer
Additional Ingredients to make the bread
- Parchment Paper or Wax Paper
- Cooking Spray
- 6 Tablepoons Butter, Melted
For the Beer Bread Mix:
- In a one quart mason jar, pour in half of the flour. Top the flour with the sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Add the remaining flour and mix with a butter knife to combine.
- Top with a tight-fitting lid.
- Give as a gift with a bottle of beer.
Instructions for making bread from the mix:
- 1 Recipe Beer Bread Mix
- 12 oz Beer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment or Wax Paper
- 6 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper or wax paper to fit the bottom
of a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Spray the loaf pan with cooking spray. Place the
parchment paper or wax paper in the bottom of the pan and spray over it with
- In a medium bowl, combine bread mix with 12 ounces of beer.
Stir gently until combined. Do not overmix. The batter will be thick and lumpy.
Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan and gently spread the batter evenly in the
pan. Pour melted butter over the top of the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45- 50 minutes. The top will be
- Gently remove the bread from the pan. Let it cool at least 5
minutes before slicing and serving.
You can use any air-tight container for the beer bread mix. I like to give the mix with a bottle of beer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 285mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and may not be completely accurate.
Marie Fiebach is a married mother of four active kids. She helps busy families plan and execute weeknight dinner so they can recapture a little calm in the crazy. You can see her every week on KAKE TV’s Good Morning Kakeland or listen to the Feed Your Family Tonight Podcast.