Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
This is one of my favorite salad dressings. It is a little sweet, a little tangy. It is perfect on a big salad of greens! I like to make it in a mason jar. You could also make it in an old glass salad dressing bottle. Just make sure you have a tight fitting lid because you don’t want to have any dressing escape as you shake it.
This salad dressing keeps well in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. (I have been know to keep it even longer.) The olive oil may solidify in the refrigerator. You can let it gently warm up at room temperature for 15-20 minutes, or if you are in a hurry (I am always in a hurry) run the glass jar or bottle under hot water in the sink. It will warm up the olive oil and it will liquify. Then, just shake well to combine and serve immediately.
You can use any kind of mustard you like. I have made it with dijon and yellow mustard. They have slightly different flavors but both are delicious.
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup White Wine Vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Honey
- 2 teaspoons Mustard (Dijon or yellow both work well.)
- 1/2 teaspoon Coarse Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Add all ingredients to a half-pint mason jar and place the lid on tightly. Shake vigorously for one minute.
- This will keep well in the refrigerator for about two weeks. It will separate as it sits, so be sure to shake well before serving.
Sometimes the olive oil will solidify in the refrigerator. You can liquify it by letting it come up to room temperature. If you are in a hurry, just run some hot tap water over the jar, and the oil will gently warm up, so you can shake it up to combine. It tastes even better the second day.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 98mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and may not be completely accurate.