Lemon Ramen Chicken Stir Fry
This simple stir fry features ramen noodles. You do not need to use the flavoring packet. I opt to use low sodium chicken broth instead. Simply cut the chicken into one inch cubes, season with salt and saute until brown. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, then add the chicken broth, lemon zest, and noodles. Once most of the noodles are cooked, add the bag of broccoli, cover and cook until the broccoli is done. Squeeze the lemon juice over the stir fry just before serving.
Lemon Ramen Chicken Stir Fry
This simple stir fry comes together quickly and is a favorite. I use the 3 oz packages of ramen noodles, but do not use the flavor packets. The noodles cook and absorb the chicken broth. I like to wait until the noodles are almost done cooking and then add the broccoli. Squeeze the lemon juice over the stir fry just before serving.
- 1 1/2 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon Coarse Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Oil (I use avocado oil)
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced or put through a garlic press
- 2 1/2 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 Lemon (zest and juice)
- 3 (3 ounce) packages of ramen noodles, flavor packets discarded
- 1 12 ounce Bag Frozen Broccoli
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes and sprinkle with salt.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat until shimmering. Add the chicken and spread into an even layer in the skillet. Let cook without stirring for 8 minutes or until golden brown on the first side.
- Stir to flip the chicken and continue cooking until brown on the other side. (About 2-3 minutes.)
- Add the garlic and let cook about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth and lemon zest. Break the blocks of ramen noodles in half and add them to the stir fry.
- Gently use a spatula to push the noodles into the broth. They will quickly begin to soften and absorb the broth. When they are mostly cooked, add the bag of broccoli.
- Cover the skillet and cook until the broccoli is cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and squeeze the lemon juice over the stir fry just before serving.
You can use any flavor of ramen because you will discard the flavor packet. You only need the noodles for this dish.
Fresh broccoli can be substituted for frozen.
If you like a little spice, you can add 1/4 teaspoon of hot pepper flakes.
I like to salt my chicken earlier in the day and let it sit in the refrigerator for a few hours to absorb the salt.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 310Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 745mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 41g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and may not be completely accurate.
My family loves this dish. We enjoy it all year round. I often use a rotisserie chicken which really cuts the cook time.
So glad you like it! Rotisserie Chicken is brilliant!