Sour Cream and Onion Egg Salad
Do you have lots of hard boiled eggs from Easter? This simple egg salad is a delicious way to use them.
Sour Cream and Onion Egg Salad is a nice twist on traditional egg salad. It doesn’t have mustard which is a nice change. It has all the flavor of your favorite Sour Cream and Onion Dip.
How do you serve Sour Cream and Onion Egg Salad?
I like to serve it on a croissant as a sandwich or on toast. It is great straight out of the mixing bowl!
How do you make Sour Cream and Onion Egg Salad?
Start by separating the cooked yolks from the whites. Mash the yolks in a bowl with a fork and add Sour Cream, Salt, Onion Powder, and Minced Onion. Mix well to combine.
Cut the cooked egg whites into 1/2 inch pieces and add them to the sour cream and egg yolk mixture.
You can let the Sour Cream and Onion Egg Salad refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving or serve it immediately. If you serve it right away the minced onion will still be a little crunchy (which I like.) If you let it rest in the refrigerator, the minced onion will soften and not be crunchy.
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion (found in the spice aisle)
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Coarse Sea Salt
- Cut the hard boiled eggs in half and place the yolks in a medium bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the egg yolks.
- Add the sour cream, minced onion, onion powder and salt to the yolks and mix to combine.
- Cut the whites into 1/2 inch pieces and add to the sour cream and egg yolk mixture.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate for 2 hours. The dried minced onion will be crunchy if you serve immediately. If you refrigerate, the dried minced onion will soften.
If you like the crunchy texture of the dried minced onion, serve the egg salad immediately. You can refrigerate it and the minced onion will hydrate and soften.
I like to serve this on a croissant or on toast as an egg salad sandwich.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post contains affiliate links.
Marie Fiebach is a married mother of four active kids. She helps busy families plan and execute weeknight dinner so they can recapture a little calm in the crazy. You can see her every week on KAKE TV’s Good Morning Kakeland or listen to the Feed Your Family Tonight Podcast.