Tzatziki Sauce (Cucumber Yogurt Sauce)
What is Tzatziki Sauce?
Tzatziki Sauce is a sauce made of yogurt, cucumbers, and herbs. It often has garlic, lemon juice, and either dill or mint.
How do yo make Tzatziki Sauce?
This version is quick and easy. It starts with Greek yogurt. The yogurt is mixed with chopped cucumber, garlic, salt, lemon juice, and dried dill.
What do you serve with Tzatziki Sauce?
I like to use it as a dip for fresh veggies or with my Turkey Curry Meatballs. It is also really good with grilled chicken or fish.
How do you store Tzatziki Sauce?
Tzatziki Sauce will last several days in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.
- 1/2 Cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon Dried Dill Weed
- 1/2 teaspoon Coarse Sea Salt
- 1 Small Clove Garlic, minced or put through garlic press.
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt (I like whole milk Greek Yogurt.)
- Peel 1/2 of a cucumber and slice it in half lengthwise.
- Use a spoon to gently scrape out the seeds.
- Cut the cucumber into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Add Cucumber, dill, salt, garlic, lemon juice, and Greek yogurt to a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
- Sauce will last up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
I prefer to use whole milk Greek Yogurt, but you could substitute low fat or nonfat Greek Yogurt.
The sauce will get thinner as it rests in the refrigerator because the cucumbers will release some of their moisture.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 37Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 286mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and may not be completely accurate.
Marie Fiebach is a married mother of four active kids. She helps busy families plan and execute weeknight dinner so they can recapture a little calm in the crazy. You can see her every week on KAKE TV’s Good Morning Kakeland or listen to the Feed Your Family Tonight Podcast.